Terms and conditions: custom illustrations for personal use
These conditions apply ONLY to custom illustrations for personal use, and do NOT apply to projects with commercial purposes, so you can only use the illustration non-commercially. Requesting an illustration means that you have read and understood the terms and conditions below and agree to be bound by them. I (ImagiNelle) may change these conditions at any time without prior notice, in effect from the moment they are posted on my website.
I sign every illustration. This subtle signature may not be removed.
- I retain the right to refuse an illustration order for any reason. I am not obliged to disclose the reason for refusal.
- I retain the right to halt illustration orders for personal use at any time and for any reason (temporary or otherwise).
2. Prices and payment
- The prices in the price list for custom illustrations for personal use are starting- and guide prices and are subject to change depending on the work requested. They are shown in Euros and include working hours, research and adjustments (cf. 4. Adjustments).
- ImagiNelle is a small enterprise subject to the tax exemption scheme, so no VAT is charged for the creation of illustrations for personal use.
- I retain the right to change and adjust the prices at any time without prior notice, effective from the time they are posted on my website.
- When you request an custom illustration for personal use, I will first provide you with a personalized quotation.
- Upon signing the quotation, you will receive an advance invoice requesting payment of the advance (50% of the total amount) by bank transfer within 14 calendar days. After I receive the advance payment, I plan your order into my schedule and start working on your illustration as soon as possible.
- When the order is finished, you will receive the final invoice. Only when the remaining 50% has been paid via bank transfer will you receive the finished illustration (cf. 5. Delivery).
- We discuss the content and format of the illustration together before I start working on your illustration.
- The creation process takes place in three phases:
- Linework and base color
- Finishing touches (shadow, light, details, refinement)
At the end of each stage, I ask you for feedback. To provide feedback, you will be sent the illustration by e-mail in low resolution, small file size and watermarked. You may not use this file for any purpose other than providing feedback to me. So you are not allowed to use this file for printing, posting online, etc.
- You agree to provide me with feedback as soon as possible to avoid delay in the process.
- The duration of the creation process may vary according to the size and/or complexity of the illustration, health and ongoing projects of other clients.
- If the pre-estimated delivery date cannot be met, I will inform you as soon as possible. You will not be entitled to compensation.
During the creation process, you can request a number of adjustments: several minimal adjustments and up to a maximum of four major adjustments in total. This is included in the price. You will therefore need to provide sufficient high-quality reference material and a clear description of the desired illustration when you order an illustration, in order to limit the number of adjustments during the creation process.
If you request an adjustment to a phase that was previously approved or you request a major adjustment to the finished illustration, this will be charged extra. This extra fee depends on the size and complexity of the adjustment. I will inform you in writing of this extra fee and its amount before I make the adjustment. The amount will be included on the final invoice.
When the illustration is ready and the final invoice has been paid, you will receive the finished illustration by e-mail in high quality resolution (300 DPI) in JPG and/or PNG and without watermark, so you can have the illustration printed if you wish. This means that you will not receive a physical product. Printing the illustration is at your own expense. I'm available for advice on having the illustration printed, if you wish.
You will also receive the finished illustration in low resolution (120 DPI) in JPG to upload on your personal website and social media, if you wish.
- I (ImagiNelle),
retain all copyright over the illustration;
- do not claim the intellectual property of the illustration;
- do not resell the illustration or otherwise acquire income from it;
- retain the right to use the illustration in my portfolio, on my website and social media to promote my work and my business.
- You (the client),
retain the intellectual property rights over the illustration;
use the illustration for personal use only;
- do not acquire income with the illustration in any way (do not resell it, do not have it printed for resale, do not use it for "Print On Demand" services, ...)
- do not use the illustration for commercial purposes;
- may upload the illustration on your website and social media for personal use only;
do not modify anything yourself to the illustration without my permission;
do not claim that you created the illustration yourself;
- do not remove my signature from the illustration.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Using the illustration for commercial purposes;
- Earning income from the illustration in any way;
- Modifying the illustration without my permission;
Claiming that you made the illustration;
- Removing my signature from the illustration.
- If you violate one or more of the above conditions, you will lose all the above-mentioned rights to the illustration and I will take legal action regarding the violation of copyright. I acquire the right to use the illustration for promotional and commercial purposes.
- If, during or after the creation process, you wish to use the illustration for commercial purposes, please contact me.
7. Refund / cancellation
- I retain the right to cancel and refund the order at any time, for any reason. I am not obliged to state the reason for cancellation.
- You are not entitled to a refund once the advance invoice has been paid and the creation process has started.
- If I am unable to start on the illustration for any reason, and the advance has already been paid, you will receive a full refund of the advance.
8. Customer satisfaction
I guarantee to do everything possible to satisfy you.
- If you are dissatisfied with the illustration, please notify me immediately in writing so that we can come to a solution together.
- If the illustration concerns a personal matter or if the illustration may not be posted online on my website and social media before a certain date, I will meet this condition provided this is discussed before the creation process has started.